Unaccompanied Housing

Unaccompanied Housing (UH - formerly Bachelor Housing) is conveniently located on NWS Seal Beach, housing approximately 50 personnel in five buildings. Accommodations are one or two persons to a room based on pay grade and square footage. Building 34 serves as the check-in point. Linen is provided at check-in.

Most personnel, E1-E3 and E4<4, are required to live in UH; E4>4 may be required to live on base, space permitting. More senior personnel may, under certain circumstances, be eligible to live in UH. NWS Seal Beach has recreational, fitness, and other amenities. Most are located within walking distance of UH.

As an added convenience to residents, there are lounges equipped with televisions. Washers and dryers, and vending machines are located at the Housing Welcome Center. There are many advantages to living on base for Single Sailors:

  • Safe
  • Secure
  • Close to work
  • Utility bills included
  • Free laundry facilities

The Housing Welcome Center stands ready to assist you in determining your eligibility and options to locate suitable housing. Depending on your assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, your options may include housing in the local community.

The local community offers a range of housing options for rent or for purchase. Be sure to check in at the Housing Welcome Center for all of the latest information, listings and assistance. We can provide valuable information to help protect you and guide you on what to look for in rental housing, leases and on avoiding discrimination in housing. We work closely with landlords and property managers in the community. When you are authorized to live in the local community, you will draw Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH). Find out more about local community housing.

Resident Advisors

Resident Advisors (RA) are senior personnel who provide an after-hours leadership presence in UH residents. RAs sign a memorandum of understanding, agreeing to certain duties and responsibilities in exchange for a room in UH. The program is strictly voluntary and open to personnel in pay grades E5 to E9 (E4 with their Commanding Officer’s recommendation) including Geographic Bachelors. For more information about the RA program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH Administrative Office.

Geographic Bachelors

Geographic Bachelors (GB) are personnel ordered to NWS Seal Beach who, by choice or circumstance, have decided that their dependents will continue to live in another geographic area. GBs are receiving BAH at the with dependents rate. They are not normally authorized to live in UH, however, we do have a limited number of spaces available for GBs. GBs must submit an application that will be reviewed by the Assignment Review Board. If approved, the GB will be placed on the waiting list and offered UH when it becomes available. GBs may also apply to be RAs. For more information about the GB program and to obtain an application, please contact the UH Administrative Office.